We recommend Biotrue Contact Lens Solution for cleaning and storing our contact lenses.
Lens Fresh extra strength contact lens cleaner can also be used as needed. Alcon Brand Opti-Free Daily Cleaner, Saline and Disinfection Solution are also suitable. Another approved, multi-purpose solution that is thimerosal-free is Clear Conscience Multi Purpose Solution for Soft Contact Lenses.
Journal of the American Medical Association provides information on the proper care and cleaning on contact lenses:
- To condition, clean, remove protein and disinfect lenses, complete these simple steps daily for a healthy and comfortable contact lens wearing experience:
- Place at least 3 drops of Biotrue multi-purpose solution on each side of lens surface and gently rub for 20 seconds.
- Thoroughly rinse each side of the lens for 5 seconds with Biotrue multi-purpose solution.
- Place cleaned contact lenses in the lens case and fill with fresh Biotrue multi-purpose solution. Soak at least 4 hours. Remember to always use fresh solution – discard solution from lens case after each use.
- If not wearing contact lenses immediately, store them in a closed lens case. Do not store your lenses in simple saline in place of Biotrue multi-purpose solution. Saline solution will not disinfect.