Axon Optics is the original online retailer of lenses for migraine and light sensitivity. We were founded by Dr. Bradley Katz, a neuro-ophthalmologist and researcher at the University of Utah's Moran eye center in 2011. Many differences exist between Axon Optics and competitors:
- Lens Options: Axon is the only company to offer Transition lenses and contact lenses for migraine and light sensitivity.
- Advanced Coatings: Only Axon Optics includes advanced optical coatings for anti-glare, anti-smudge, anti-scratch on all non-prescription indoor and outdoor lenses. This is a $60 value.
- Packaging: Every frame comes with a hard case and cleaning cloth bag.
- Research Initiatives: Funding from sales goes toward new, IRB approved clinical research at headache clinics across the country: see www.migraineglassesstudy.com
- Lens Technology: The lens is a soothing rose color. Other companies that came later offer a generic version that attempts to imitate, but fails to replicate, our product. Most are an orange/rust color.
Generic FL-41 tint can be purchased at some optical shops. However, not all FL-41 lenses are the same. Here is some data from a University of Utah Medical Center research project to determine if there was variation between FL-41 lenses from different vendors. As you can see, they are quite varied. Our Spectrashield lens is proprietary and has been fine-tuned over years by Dr. Katz, who began using it at the Moran Eye Center over 20 years ago.
You can learn more here: http://www.axonoptics.com/compare/
Because our lenses don't work for everyone, we have a generous return policy. Feel free to try them out and let us know what you think. Shop here.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.