There are 2 ways to have insurance cover the cost for Axon Optics products.

  • You can purchase a product directly from Axon and submit a reimbursement: Customers that place orders directly from us will file for a reimbursement through their insurance. I can email you an invoice to submit to your insurance. I do recommend confirming your coverage prior to ordering. If your provider does not have retail, or is not set up to place orders, this is the best option to utilize any coverage you may have.
  • Your insurance provider can place the order for you. Customers who have a provider placing the order, will pay the provider their copay if applicable and the provider files for insurance payment. However, the provider must pay Axon at time of order because we do not have an insurance department. 

Insurance coverage is very individual so we cannot make official recommendations on how to handle a claim. I recommend contacting your insurance carrier to see what is recommended for your particular policy. 

Some medical insurance will cover, some will only cover if pre-authorized, some will only cover if a doctor prescribes the tint. It is the same situation with Vision Insurance – some might, depending on their authorization method. 

You can usually get it reimbursed through an HSA, FSA, HRA, or other “Cafeteria Plan” Tax-Exempt Health Account. In some cases, knowing the insurance billing code makes a difference.  This is the code we recommend: 2012 HCPCS V2745 Addition to lens; tint, any color, solid, gradient or equal, excludes photochromatic, any lens material, per lens.  As always, please contact your insurance provider for specific information about your plan coverage. 

If your particular plan won’t cover Axon Optics products, you might be able to get it covered by ordering through your vision doctor/local optical shop. The doctor can coordinate with us to have your prescription made with our lenses, and bill accordingly. National chains such as Lenscrafters have set materials contracts and typically cannot work with independent lens vendors.

Furthermore, for your convenience you can split your purchase into 4 easy payments using Pay Later by PayPal during checkout. You can also use a Health Savings Account (HSA) or FSA to pay for the purchase on our website, if your account has a purchase card.